A Little About Bri
Hey there friends!
Hey there friends!
You might be a new friend and you might be an old friend, but there is always something you don't know about a person. This blog will be directed towards my experiences in life, my journey with my business, and I'm sure I'll share a few photog hacks I've learned along the way. So sit back, relax, and welcome to everything behind the scenes of Bri Bergman Photography!
I'll start off by introducing myself.
My name is Bri Bergman and I was born and raised in Salt Lake City, Utah. I grew up in such a creative and supportive household. My mom has always encouraged me to follow my passions and that's what I've always done. I grew up dancing and continued my dance training into my first year of college. However, my newfound passion for photography soon took lead in my life. Pretty quickly, I switched my major from Art Education with a minor in Modern Dance, to solely Photography. I do not regret it for a second. And some extra exciting news, I graduated this spring with my BFA in Photography and Digital Imaging.
After 5 years of shooting, I found my niche in portraits. I LOVE SHOOTING PORTRAITS!! I love the interactions I have with people and the ability to capture their big moments in life. Especially weddings.
So that's a small clip to how I fell in love with this amazing art form. Now, here's a few things about my personal life that some may not know:
- My boyfriend (the cutie with the beard pictured above) and I live in a cute little condo right in the middle of the Salt Lake Valley and we wouldn't trade it for the world. You would definitely understand (and agree) if you ever saw our last apartment... this is where you would insert a laughing/crying emoji lol
- You could probably call me a crazy cat lady because I own 3--yes, I just said 3--cats. AND! I'm often fostering a kitten from the Utah Humane Society. So, yes, I usually have 4 (or more!) cats in my house.
- My favorite color is blue, but my closet would probably tell you it's black or white.
- I love tomatoes and onions. So, Italian and Mexican food are the way to my heart.
- I'm a coffee addict. My go to is a skinny vanilla latte or frozen Jo from Java Jo's. Mostly because of the chocolate covered espresso bean they give you <3
- I am the BIGGEST night owl ever. Perhaps because of the crazy amounts of caffeine I consume...?
- I haven't had my natural hair color since I was 13. So no, I'm not a natural blonde or red head. I actually never thought I'd dye my hair read until I did and I've been diggin it this last year.
- I recently quit my day job to fully commit my business, and I looooooove being my own boss!
So, in all, I welcome new friends and old to enjoy this photographic journey with me. I'll give you a look at the good, the bad, and a bit of my ugly. Let's learn together, grow together, and laugh together.
But for now, cheers!!